Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

J.K. Dobbins Comparison

+1 HS
Heero1's picture
March 7, 2016 at 3:07pm
81 Comments

SOOO Happy with our newest Buckeye commit J.K. Dobbins. Kid came out of nowhere and his film looks spectacular. I've searched through 3 Buckeye forums on his commitment and seen comparison's and comments made about this kid being just like ZEKE. And While I agree that Dobbins has that long running style and powerful lower-body, I don't think at 5'10 he'll ever play at ZEKE's 225lb frame.

Zee isn't a guy thats going to make many "moves" on the second level of the defense. He's 6'0 225 and he know's he can take on just about anybody on the field, including Oregon's starting 6'7 290lb DE Deforest Buckner. Zeke's running style reminds me more of Demarco Murray. Speed to the edge, and Power through the hole. Just not very shifty. He's a one maybe two move guy and go. 

Dobbin's on the other hand, looks like a low center of gravity shiftier runner. You can see he makes numerous moves in the hole, and on the second level of defenses in his highlights to take it to the house. He is by no means a scat back, as he is seen breaking several tackles in his highlight tape. 

Who I find Dobbins compare's most favorably to is another smaller tailback that has SICK MOVES for days. I think he'll actually play around the same size as this guy too 5'10 205-210lbs. And that is Shady McCoy. Say what you will about his ethics, but the moves this guy has made on the football field are ridiculous. He's not a guy that's going to run or even try to run people over, but its this second and third move that allow him the daylight to take any touch to the house. 

Let me know what you guys think. I thought about Reggie Bush as another comparison, but thats hard to suggest. Reggie Bush may be the single greatest college football player I've seen in the last 15 years. I'm only 27 sorry.

(Edit, neither Shady highlight will play. Something about NFL content)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 81 Comments