Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Process for a high schooler getting noticed by programs

0 HS
spqr2008's picture
August 21, 2015 at 12:01pm
13 Comments

So, my cousin's eldest is a Junior in high school in Hawaii.  His team only has 29 players, therefore he plays starting WR, starting DB, and is the backup QB (another great example; their kicker is the starting QB).  He's only 5'7" and 140 lbs, but on his mom's side (the side I'm related to) we tend to grow a couple of inches late (17.5-19 yrs old).  To give you idea of the kid's athletic ability, he was the starting pitcher his freshman year of high school for the varsity squad, last year he was a starting point guard for the basketball team, and he was the QB for the JV the last two years for football.  His last game "He caught 10 passes for 173 yards with four touchdowns on offense and also intercepted a pass on defense."  Here's an article about the game http://scoringlive.com/story.php?storyid=13194.  For the year he has 18 receptions for 354 yds, 6 TDs, and the aforementioned INT.  My question for any who know is how to help him get noticed by high level FCS or Div 2 schools, and maybe some FBS teams too (MAC or C-USA).  I'm realistic that he doesn't face the toughest competition out in Hawaii, and that his size is a detriment to getting any FBS offers, but he either wants to earn a scholarship for Track or Football, and generally Football is a better option (usually full schollies, not partials like non revenue sports).

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments