Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Should Gavin Cupp have been dropped from Sparty for attending FNL's?

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
July 25, 2015 at 7:37pm
63 Comments

I know Birm touched on this in the FNL summary. This article just came online from a Mich State site and seemed to confirm that Cupp has lost his spot as a commitment for attending last nights camp without permission from Dantonio. 

http://spartanavenue.com/2015/07/25/michigan-state-reportedly-pulls-ot-g...

They are spinning it as Dantonio being "old school." Here is a quote from the article:

"Over the years, Dantonio and his coaching staff have been known as old fashioned when it comes to recruiting because he doesn’t want his verbal commitments to be visiting other schools without his permission — not sure if that’s old fashioned or just common sense."

I like Dantonio a lot, but shouldn't recruits be allowed to visit other camps to try and better themselves? Or is Dantonio just dropping him because he tried to earn a scholarship and trade up so to speak?

I kind of feel bad for Cupp. 

Edit: Don't worry This is my last thread for the weekend. I'm down off my high from Friday Night Lights and am waiting patiently for the inevitable Boom that will come Sunday or Monday.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 63 Comments