Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Most kids wanted to meet Urban and Dantonio and not Harbaugh at Sound Mind/Body camp

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
June 14, 2015 at 5:02pm
14 Comments

I found this interesting quote from a Detroit Free Press article about the recent Sound Mind Sound Body camp that included Urban, Dantonio, Harbaugh, and Franklin etc. Its obviously not a scientific poll but I was surprised by it nonetheless. I figured kids would be lining up to meet Harbaugh. Looks like they are more interested in winning coaches, and not unproven ones who are selling hope.

"But it's not a coincidence that when the Free Press asked a dozen 12- and 13-year-old middle school football players participating in the Sound Mind Sound Body camp for the one coach they most wanted to meet, 11 of the 12 said Meyer or Dantonio.

Harbaugh got one vote.

"That's interesting," Meyer said, "but I shouldn't be surprised, considering that 12- and 13-year-olds probably get everything they need to know about from their cell phones. They're only going to know what they've seen recently in football." "

So kids really aren't that excited to see a clinically insane man with a dad bod. These are not exactly traits of a man with a sound mind and body.

Here is the article from the Detroit Free Press:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/drew-sharp/2015/06/12/urban...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments