Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

My "closing statement" on the oversigning discussion

+1 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture
February 5, 2015 at 7:44pm
94 Comments

Here are two FACTS:

1. Ohio State is oversigned. Whether the numbers will work out honestly or not, the fact is at this moment we are oversigned. This is an unarguable FACT.

2. I have always believed oversigning is wrong. My values and opinions are not compromised in the name of winning. I called no one ignorant, I merely pointed out a severe change in tune on the issue from a vast majority on this site. Those of you who have been here as long as I have can validate this. This is an accurate statement that I am completely confident in.

Urban coming out and saying that the numbers are worked out does not mean it is a fact that the numbers are worked out. It seems to be that the numbers aren't completely worked out. If they were completely worked out, Urban Meyer would not have had to say "probably" when it comes to players being done with injury. It is completely selective of many of you to question the truth of Saban's words regarding why players leave the program, but blindly believe that Urban Meyer is being 100% truthful when it comes to an unusually high amount of medical hardships and guys like Chris Carter and Antonio Underwood leaving the program.

Some of you voiced problems with my "calling out" of Eleven Warriors' staff. Well, as great as Eleven Warriors staff is and as grateful I am for this free site, I do not always agree with them. I also know for a fact that they are big enough people to handle this disagreement. The staff happen to be some of the individuals whom I believe stance on oversigning has magically changed now that our program seems to be practicing it. This site used to be a huge part of the fight against the rampant oversigning happening in the SEC. Now the negative light the staff used to shed on oversigning has disappeared. If I was snarky and rude in my calling out of them, I sincerely apologize to them. My intention was not for bitter, trivial shot-taking, but for honest intellectual discussion. Some of you were incredibly immature, however. A couple of you accused me and M Man of being the same person using two different accounts. This is a ridiculous claim that I would like the moderators to disprove. I still love this site and, though my life would go on without my internet reputation, I don't like my screen name being dragged through the mud on here.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 94 Comments