Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Open Spot on Coaching Staff.. Perfect Time to Bring Tressel Home

-5 HS
Norwich2Chittenden's picture
March 29, 2024 at 5:58pm
46 Comments

As Ryan Day continues scouring the country for Tony Alford’s replacement, I can’t help but think the perfect candidate may be closer than he thinks. 
Many will scoff at the idea of Jim Tressel returning to Ohio State as an assistant coach, but perhaps it’s the perfect spot at the perfect time?
It’s very encouraging to hear the Sweater Vest has been noticeably active during practices this offseason and really ingratiated himself with this 2024 football team.

Ryan Day certainly is wise to lean on Tress for wisdom & guidance as he tries to take the monumental next step in his coaching journey.

Question for 11W: Is it inconceivable for Jim Tressel to return as OSU’s RB coach on a 1 yr deal ?

It’s very obvious that Tress still loves the game & still loves the Buckeye football program.. I have no doubt Jim would be absolute net positive in any capacity at Ohio State.. but I’ve found myself daydreaming & hoping that somehow, someway, the Senator steps in to lead the RB Room and helps guide this team on an unprecedented & magical run toward the 2024 National Championship.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments