Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Advice For the 2024 Team.

+2 HS
Thewalk3r1's picture
January 13, 2024 at 12:32pm
43 Comments

As a Veteran of ,ONE,OEF and OIF, who served under numerous leaderships and was apart of numerous teams. I wanted to share, what I feel is important for this TEAM, and steps that could help reach their goals. 

Step 1. Who is the leader? Who does everyone listen to? Find one in each position group. Then do not let up, do not let anyone slack. Help, push and lead! Then correct the right why. Not “you did it wrong” but “try this instead of that”. 
Step 2. Be angry, find flaws in everything you (You) do, always move forward, never be happy or content. You have not accomplished anything yet! That should anger you! 
Step 3. Team chemistry will be a major dynamic this year. It can sink this team if not developed. Learn each other as much as you learn yourself. 
Step 4. Leave ego’s and arrogance at the door. What do you have to be arrogant about? You have not won shit. 

Step 5. If your teammate falls or fails, pick them up. Push them. If you fall or fail, look to your teammates. 
Step 6. Enjoy the grind. Embrace the suck. When it gets hard, you get better! Embrace it, learn to love it. Teach others to love it! 
Step 7. When you do well, find someone else to praise. Do not give in to the hype of yourself, or of the team. As Saben says “Rat poison”. You have not won anything yet. 
Step 8. Prepare your mind. Take this time to mentally prepare yourself to be the best version of yourself. I’m not talking on the field, I am talking in the locker room.Team chemistry is paramount! 
Step 9. Coaches have a Job to do. It’s never personal. They want you better. The better you are the better they look. Trust them! It’s never personal.
Last Step. Remember every day, that you have not won anything. You have not accomplished a single thing yet. That should anger you. You may be the best team on paper team. That is written on paper, Not in the history books. Now go write your name where it counts! 

Go Bucks. 

Side note: anytime I use my Military service to make a point, I like to remind myself, and bring up Sgt Todd Bate’s who gave his life without hesitation, trying to save another In Baghdad Iraq Dec 2003. A quick google search and you can read about him. A true selfless Buckeye! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments