Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Roadmap to Success.

-6 HS
bubbag1234's picture
December 5, 2023 at 1:59pm
20 Comments

I am starting to feel like the approach to success has become one-dimensional. Talent is important. But it is not the end-all and be-all of success. Team chemistry and dynamics is just as important. 

It's possible to become so focused on the numbers game that you lose sight of this. If only we could add this quarterback from the transfer portal. If only we can grab this or that five-star recruit....etc..

Building a team that is destined to achieve great things is not the same as going out and assembling a LEGO kit made of disparate pieces and parts from the recruiting and transfer portals. There is more involved.

Georgia and Ohio State arguably have a more talented roster than Alabama. However, there was something present in their style of play last Saturday that I quite honestly have not seen from the Bucks this season. This isn't finger pointing or putting the blame game on anyone in particular. We just lack a certain flare. 

When has the team been without talent ? We may have lacked talent in certain areas  at times. But as a whole we have always fielded high-quality talent. I think that by being obsessed with talent as the end-all and be-all of success on the field, we are perhaps losing site of the larger picture. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments