Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Good …

+3 HS
BuckInNashville's picture
October 8, 2023 at 7:42am
4 Comments

The bad and the ugly aside - here are some “good” vibes from inside the shoe yesterday.  You can discount my musings with “yeah but”, I know I know, I saw those too.  But college football is fickle, look at USC needing 4 OTs to beat Arizona.  So let’s celebrate the good for a minute :
1. The D .    we’ve all seen games where everything went wrong for a team in the first half and you have this impending feeling that if it was that bad, and they are still tied, it’s a very good sign.  10 penalties, run game ineptness, special teams ineptness - it was the worst I’ve seen since 2011.   Although Taulia had some good plays, this is not last year’s back 7.  The defense still only gave up one TD drive (of course I’m discounting the first score after the long snapper dribbled the ball to … Cody Simon ?).   
2. As much as you’ll hear about McCord’s indecision leading to 3 sacks, and the ills of the run game (no different than the last two years) , there’s something very very positive about throwing a TD, having it called back for a phantom motion penalty, and then throwing another TD the very next play to the same guy , only five yards longer because of the penalty.  And this after having converted 2nd and 33  on the previous possession.   I don’t care if it was against W Ky, that’s still two cases of pointing to the right field fence and hitting the home run where you pointed !

3. The kicker - this will matter in bigger games and Fielding has been money 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 4 Comments