Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Things We Are and Are Not Excited for This Football Season

+9 HS
JTFor President2016's picture
August 3, 2023 at 1:28pm
50 Comments

Now that the season is upon us, what are you looking forward to (more than just Scarlet and Gray on a football field)? Conversely, what are a few things that have you saying "meh"

For me:

Excited for:

1. New QB's at OSU, Bama, Georgia. Always adds an element of surprise. Will all 3 teams have great QB's? Probably so. But still interesting
  2. NBC - I personally believe NBC consistently has the best presentation in Sports. Sunday Night Football is top tier, as is their pregame show. NBA on NBC was a childhood core memory. Blackledge on the call makes it icing on the cake. 
  3.  Year 2 of Justin Frye - I'm really excited for this one. Year 1 is tough on any coach. Can't wait to see if he and Day can work together to get a dominant ground game going. 
  4. Ohio State vs. Wisconsin - Wisconsin is going through a transition, yes. But look at their schedule. There is a really decent chance that they roll into this game 7-0 (Iowa and Washington State are their toughest games). The storylines leading up to this one will be tremendous. Day vs. Fickell. Current OSU coach vs. a very likely future OSU coach.

Not so Excited For:

1. Only 6 home games - On top of that, there are only 2 homes games from September 17th to November 11th. The best weather for Buckeye Football in person is Late September through Halloween. Wish we could have a few more games at home in this window. 
  2. Michigan - They are going to be damn good. But also play an extremely easy schedule. It is going to be 3 months of hearing how good they are. 
  3. Last year of the 4-team playoff and "somewhat" traditional Big Ten. I think the future will be exciting, and I think the Big Ten is doing the right thing by expanding. But there absolutely will be some drawbacks. Being able to lose 2 (maybe 3) games and comfortably make the playoff will be odd. The loser of OSU/UM being able to get revenge the following week, and render the regular season game "meaningless" will hurt me. But it is what it is. You either progress with the future or you get left behind and forgotten about.
  4. Ohio State AT Purdue - Nothing else needs said. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments