Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Where Does the Missed JSN/MHJR Duo Rank on the List of "What Ifs..."

+9 HS
MyStereoHasMono's picture
January 6, 2023 at 7:57pm
47 Comments

In case the title isn't clear: with the injury to JSN keeping him out of the season, where does the never-realized duo of Jaxon Smith Njigba and Marvin Harrison Jr rank on a list of "If only things had gone differently."  

For me, I can't get over it.  Quite possibly two of the all time best receivers OSU has ever had, playing at the same time, with an elite QB to throw to them.  Stroud could announce before each snap "Hey, we're about to throw on this down" and defenses still couldn't stop both of them. 

It's not even about winning or losing - I would have LOVED to see the games even just from an entertainment perspective. What other team in recent memory (not even OSU-exclusive) had two receivers as elite as those two playing at the same time?

Some other honorable mentions would be Chase Young/Nick Bosa, Ted Ginn Jr not getting injured in the NCG, Joe Burrow not transferring. You get the idea.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments