Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Peach Bowl: Where I Was Right, Where I Was Wrong

+6 HS
BuckeyeRealist13's picture
January 5, 2023 at 2:01pm
50 Comments

Ok Buckeye Nation, we have had a few days to process what the hell happened on 12/31 in Atlanta, Georgia. We all had STRONG opinions heading into this game, in all different directions. Some were positive, some negative, and some just outright ridiculous.

I think it is time we clear the air and admit to what we got horribly wrong and what we got correct when it comes to the Peach Bowl.

This is a little segment Colin Cowherd likes to call, "What I got right, what I got wrong"

What I got right:

- "Ohio State is Tennessee on steroids"
- "Ohio State's offensive line would not have an issue in pass protection"
- "Run up-tempo and UGA's line will get tired and undisciplined quickly
- "This game will look very similar to the 2020 Sugar Bowl"
     ***You have to admit before the blown lead this game looked exactly like the 2020 SB
- "This is a coin flip game, about as 50/50 as you can get"
- "Ryan Day excels at bowl prep and this will be Ohio State's best game of the year"
- "I believe Ryan Day when he says Ohio State is going to play loose and aggressive against UGA"
- "Jim Knowles will learn from The Game and will not recklessly blitz and will be more conservative against Georgia"
- "CJ Stroud is an elite QB and one of the all time greats in OSU history"
- "Vegas knows something"
- “Ohio State has done very well against tightends this year, and being ranked 2nd defending tightends is legit”

What I got wrong:

- CJ Stroud would not need to run to win this game
   ** Stround ran for 70+ yards not including sacks and Ohio State needed every single yard
- Miyan Williams was 100% healthy, would get 25+ carries, and run for 150+ yards
   ** Miyan had 3 carries for 8 yards, 2.7 ypc but he did have 1 touchdown!
- Ohio State would run the ball early and often
    ** Ohio State's running backs combined for 18 carries

So let's hear it fellow 11Dubbers, what did you get right and what did you get wrong about the Peach Bowl?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments