Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Top Ten Moments of Ohio State's 2022 Football Season

+5 HS
KillrNut's picture
January 3, 2023 at 3:06pm
16 Comments

A few days after such a heartbreaking loss, it's time for some positive vibes. Originally I was only gonna do a top five, but I found more than five things with mentioning. Just my opinions, let's look back at some good moments.

10. Tommy Eichenberg pick six vs Iowa.

Eichenberg had by most accounts a rough season in 2021, so it was good to see him bounce back this season. 

9. Route Man Marv droppin jaws.

This one is based on what a photographer did, as much as a player. Great photo by ElevenWarriors' own Garrick Hodge. And it's ok, MK Jr. can have that effect on people. 

The play:

8. TC Caffey's TD vs Toledo.

One of the best things about games vs cupcakes is if everything goes well it gives a chance for guys buried on the depth chart to play and have a moment to shine. Awesome run by TC Caffey and a moment to remember. 

Side note: That Toledo team wasn't terribly bad either. Won the MAC and their bowl game as well.

7. Strip sack TD vs Maryland.

Zach Harrison with the strip, Steele Chambers with the TD to finish off Maryland. 

6. Fake punt vs Rutgers

Get fucked, Schiano.

If you're gonna come into the horseshoe running trick plays like a seasoned hooker, you can't get mad about getting a taste of your own medicine. Especially with the way your team lined up for the punt. They were practically begging Jesse Mirco to run for the first down.

I'd like to offer a sincere three way fuck you. To Aron Cruickshank for an unnecessary late hit, to Greg Schiano for running over to Ohio State's sideline like a bitch, and to the Big Ten officials for not enforcing the late hit penalty, after they threw a flag for it. 

5. Marvin Harrison Jr. freakazoid catch vs Indiana.

The proper adjective does not exist. 

There is no way this...

should ever be a completion in bounds. 

No words.

4. The Miyan Williams show: Game-clinching drive vs Notre Dame.

In a tight defensive slugfest, Ohio State got things done the old fashioned way, against a very decent Notre Dame defense.

14 plays, 75 yards. Over seven minutes of clock chewed. If there is a football heaven, Woody Hayes was smiling at this. 

3. CJ Stroud performance vs Georgia.

A championship worthy performance, against of America's best defenses. Stroud left it all on the field. And he even RAN the ball for some crucial gains. The wide receivers and o-line also played well. CJ and the Buckeye offense put on a show and they totally deserved a win. Damn defense.

This is the best video I've found so far that summarizes Stroud's game.

2. JT Tuimololau wrecks Penn State.

JDoubleT had what might be the finest individual performance on defense we will ever see. When the Buckeyes and Nittany Lions play, it always seems to be a war. This one was no exception. But #44 seemed to be a one man army in the end. 

1. Kamryn Babb's touchdown vs Indiana.

Was there really any doubt as to the season's top moment? Such heart, perseverance, and the team's spiritual leader. So happy he got his moment. 

Any you think I missed? Or would rank higher? Hope you enjoyed this lookback at the season and look forward to some discussion. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments