Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Mike Wise Got It Right on Reversal of Targeting Call

+19 HS
Sonof'47alum's picture
January 1, 2023 at 10:53am
56 Comments

Mike Wise, who has been a writer for the Undefeated, the Washington Post, and The NY Times, tweeted that “I had no dog in Peach Bowl fight, so I can say without bias Jason Bullard should have been called for targeting against Marvin Harrison, Jr…..Bullard becomes game’s defensive MVP. So wrong.”

Here’s link to full tweet:

https://twitter.com/MikeWiseguy/status/1609434468187795457?ref_src=twsrc...

From my admittedly biased perspective, it was, plain and simple, a very bad decision to reverse the call on the field—and I wish there had been further discussion about that by the announcers (especially as the goal in the current landscape is to provide players with better protection against head injuries).  

And, if Bullard, had never slammed into Marvin with that head shot, I firmly believe Georgia does not come close to completing a comeback because Ohio State would have piled up even more points.

Having said that, it was still a tremendous effort by the Buckeyes notwithstanding the heartbreaking final result.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 56 Comments