Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Do You Bet on the Buckeyes?

+6 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
December 16, 2022 at 10:09am
64 Comments

With online sports gambling now legal in 19 states, I believe, more and more of us might be dabbling in online betting.  While I used to just place a few game bets in Vegas, my betting habits on the Buckeyes mostly laid in futures bets.  A handful of times in recent years I've made a pitstop at a sports book in Vegas to bet on them to win the National Championship, and I've bet on JT Barrett, Ezekiel Elliott, CJ Stroud (x2), Trey Henderson, and JSN to win the Heisman.

So far, I'm batting an 0-fer, with a couple of betting slips hanging in the balance.

I think that your boy 3M just shouldn't bet on the Buckeyes.

I am not a big sports gambler, but I've never had a series of bets go as bad as they have this year - the first year online gambling is legal in Kansas.  I've bet on the Buckeyes to cover against Notre Dame and TTUN, neither of which they did, and I've made a series of in-game bets on the Bucks, like quarter bets or 2nd half O/U and I've lost all but one of them, IIRC.  

My luck has been so bad this year, it's uncanny, really. So, it made me think that I need to go drop a some cash on Georgia on the money line...

It also made me wonder what other people do when it comes to betting on the Buckeyes. Some friends have said they never bet on a game they have a rooting interest in, because it changes what you're actually rooting for.  Others have said they think betting on the Buckeyes is all around bad luck.

So, what do you all think? What are your moves when it comes to betting and the Buckeyes?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 64 Comments