Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Revolution of College Football / Recruiting

+2 HS
Buckeyechuck5's picture
December 7, 2022 at 12:00pm
39 Comments

Good afternoon dubbers. I was watching the Paul Finebaum show last night and they were discussing an interesting topic that Finebaum referred to as "the revolution of college football". This pertains to NIL and the transfer portal in regards to how it effects recruiting and player development. Finebaum also made mention of how NIL and transfer portal are creating issues for field general coaches like Nick Saban citing the begin of the Alabama decline. The also spoke about the rumors of a fight in the Tennessee locker room that revolved around NIL money that resulted in a broken jaw and a suspension (none of which has been confirmed or I would link it).

I think the most interesting concept is JT Daniels for example, has entered the transfer portal for a 4th time. In my humble opinion, there should be a cap put on this. What is everyone's thoughts on what Ohio st's approach should be on recruiting moving forward? Should they continue to swing for the fence at every position bringing in as much talent as possible? Or shall they be more strategic in landing 4 and 5 star talent paired with home grown 2 and 3 star talent that will stick around long enough to be developed? What kind of regulations if any should be put on NIL? I am interested to hear everyone's opinion. Cheers! 

Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments