Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Politics and the CFP Committee

+9 HS
earthpig's picture
December 4, 2022 at 6:35pm
68 Comments

I'll lead off by saying Ohio State earned their slot. And to be honest-I was hyper-critical after last week. That said here are my thoughts:

The B1G stood up for itself for the first time since Barry Alvarez was on the committee back in 2014-2016 (FINALLY). It started right after The Game when Warren made his statement regarding both Ohio State and Michigan being 2 of the top 4,  and the game being an "instant classic". (BTW I barfed in my mouth when I heard it.} But that sent a clear message and it was well out in front of anything coming from Sanky and the SEC. The next key is the B1G has 3 members on the committee who heard the message. Ward Manuel (Michigan) , Will Shields (Nebraska), and John Urschel (Penn State). 

If you look at past committees it has been heavily weighted with people associated -with the southeast-forming a regional block of members. This year's committee has members from all 4 regions of the country, but the B1G has a significant block. 

Also, be clear, I think the outcome is 100%. I'm just saying it's about time. Thoughts? BTW go ahead and roast me if you want. LOL! GO BUCKS!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 68 Comments