Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What Would Be Your Single Biggest Point of Change for This Current Crop of Buckeyes

+2 HS
ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture
November 29, 2022 at 11:55am
49 Comments

As the dust continues to settle and pile thicker onto our past victories in The Game, I took a scroll through my own Twitter posts, and thankfully it didn't take long for me to get all my retweets of our 2014 Natty Champs team. It was an image of Joshua Perry on the field holding up a newspaper proclaiming tOSU as the national champions. A nice salve for this battered fan.

It got me thinking (as many of us are still doing) that the grieving and the grievances will continue to flood our 11w boards at least for the next few weeks before the holidays kick in and distract us from our misery.

So I wanted to see what others would change moving forward if you could fix ONE thing going into bowl season and next year for our beloved Buckeyes. What would it be for you?

My choice would be to bring back or recreate "the asshole factor" in our leaders - ie A Culture Of Hypercompetitiveness.

1. We don't have a physically soft team so can we please stop with that narrative? You have let Gattis mischaracterize our Buckeyes for too long

2. I am willing to concede that the team over the past two seasons has lacked having an EDGE MENTALLY - no tenacity and no asshole instinct. Past players walking through the WHAC have said as much with things they couldn't do but see now with current crop of players. Like Urbz' players said they almost dreaded going to the WHAC.

3. What made Day so great despite his 1-5 record against top 5 teams? I posit that Day was great as an OC, BECAUSE Urbz embraced and drove the hyper competitiveness and asshole factor into his program. He wanted leaderboards all over the place for everything because he knew that to shape his players into killers, he needed to grow that ish in his program. Love him or hate him, Urbz was an effective leader in keeping the program on it's toes. Yes, they had huge brain farts (Iowa, Purdue, Clemson x2), and I do NOT want him back, BUT how can we expect Day to reintroduce and build that kind of culture if that's not his make-up?

CAN HE CHANGE LIKE HAIRBALL who needed the help of his brother and his Stanford formula, (in Klatt's words) the Harbaugh Family whateverthef*ck it was called?

Only time will tell. How about you guys and girls? What ONE thing would you change?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments