Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

To Me It is Pretty Obvious What Our Coaching Problem is and Has Been!

-1 HS
UrbanLegend419's picture
November 27, 2022 at 2:03pm
5 Comments

Ryan Day is completely enamored with his golden child, which is his quarterback. Tress, Urban, Bruce, Cooper, Woody, literally every big name National Championship coach RUNS the ball just as effectively as they throw it. It's not that our run game doesn't consistently not work because of the o line, or rbs, or toughness. That's all there. Come one we have a top 3 recruited team every year for going on over a decade. It's the simple fact that Day is so completely entrenched in making sure that his QB has the stats each week to win the Heisman. The man cares more about that then winning the game. Don't believe me? When was the last time you saw one of our run concepts have a pulling guard, center, tackle? There's no work put into making it powerful! So that he can fall back and say it's not working so we have to throw. How many games did we watch the last few years that CJ was in, in blowouts still throwing for tds to pad his 5 TD game stats in the 4th quarter when he hadn't done enough yet in the earlier meaningful parts of the game? Look I want our QB to win the Heisman too. But it's not something you can just force. Which was evident by CJ losing that chance this past weekend. We could have bulldozed anybody this year had we just been allowed to run the ball! I honestly think it was the soul reason we let this game get away. Pound the ball in the second half. Impose our will. We're looking at an at least closer game with a chance to win it late, ball game. But no the moment was too perfect for CJs ever important Heisman moment. Well he'll soon see how important that is compared to the final score board at the end of November. Miyan, Henderson, Hayden, Trayanum are all more than capable backs. Can you imagine if we let them grind one full game. Hopefully he realizes that before it's too late for him!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments