Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Embrace the Hatred

+11 HS
Josh Moon's picture
November 21, 2022 at 8:00am
35 Comments

Treat others with kindness. Be professional when you disagree with someone. Work well with others across the aisle. For 51 weeks out of the year, I agree with these words of wisdom. Personally, I try to smile when passing someone wearing another University's clothing. I struck up a conversation just this past Friday at Universal Studios with a TCU fan - we talked about the season winding down before landing on The Game.

"You would think someone wearing that (points to my Ohio State shirt) would be much meaner when talking about *ichigan." In that moment, there was a flash of hatred before suppressing it and responding, "We respect the rivalry for most of the year." We shared pleasantries as I thought to myself that "most of the year" doesn't count in a few short days.

I sat at dinner with my wife when Ohio State closed out the Maryland game with a Steele & Score (appropriately named as people are still arguing about it, as it did not look like your typical fumble). There was a relief felt by Buckeye Nation in that moment. Partly because Ohio State looked similar to the other schools in the Top 4 last Saturday. Mostly, at least for myself, because I can finally let that hate out. How I really feel about TTUN. Some people have Festivus to air their grievances. Me? I have The Game.

I attended The Ohio State University during #1 versus #2. Raised in Ohio, living the John Cooper years as a young man - I know what domination of the rivalry looks like from both sides. I know what excitement The Game brings. It's why I still HATE *ichigan. How deep is the hatred for you? Do others call you "petty" for blocking out a certain letter this week? Do people call you childish for singing "We Don't Give a Damn for the Whole State of Michigan"?

Good. Let them. This is the one week to be petty. This is the one week to put professionalism to the side and let out an expletive-laced diatribe that details your level of disdain for TTUN. Know this - they hate you, too. You have been a good person for 46 weeks already this year. Week 47? No. Embrace the hatred. Let it out. They deserve every bit of it after their once in a decade win last year. TTUN deserves no kindness, as they offer none in return this week.

Let it loose. Their comeuppance is five days away.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments