Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. Maryland

+5 HS
Large Father's picture
November 17, 2022 at 6:49pm
6 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans, Days, Johnsons and Days,

We'll find out if it's lip service or real very soon.

I think Kam Babb's moment last weekend gives us hope that the foundation of this year's Buckeye team is very strong.  

Watching from home, I teared up a bit when Kam secured the ball in the endzone for the first catch of his collegiate career last weekend.  I had heard about Kam and what he meant, but I don't think I really "got it" because he's been so invisible to us.  I knew he was a captain, honored with the number 0 jersey and an inspirational team leader even though he has been unable to play for nearly all of his five years at Ohio State due to four ACL surgeries and a broken leg.  

The reaction from his teammates when Kam caught his first touchdown was one of the most touching moments I've witnessed in collegiate sports.  The celebration was genuine and inclusive.  The entire Buckeye sideline was fully connected with Kam and with each other.  It kind of transcended all of the noise in College Football recently - NIL, CFP polls, transfer portal waning loyalty, social media followers, etc.

I enjoyed Ohio State football again after momentarily forgetting.  Last week, I was venting about how the team had been playing following their bye week.  I think most Buckeye fans joined me in my sentiment.  I had forgotten.  Kam's moment and his teammate's celebration of him reminded me how lucky I am to follow a team that wins more often than not, and gives us some very interesting, inspirational stories.  

I believe these guys genuinely enjoy playing together, I think they really are invested in one another...and I think this coaching staff enjoys coaching together.  

These final games of the season will show us if it is real...I think it is.  I'll hold every game to 66-0, 77-21, 52-21, 49-10, 49-20, 54-10, 44-31 and 56-14 context and I still know that's dumb. But, I think it's there this season.  I'm still in.  

Touchdowns: Dallan Hayden, Xavier Johnson, Emeka Egbuka, Marvin Harrison Jr., Marvin, Julian Fleming, Cade Stover

OSU 49 Maryland 10

Go Bucks! Beat Maryland! Josh Proctor for Heisman!

Papa Grande

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments