Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Care/Don't Care: Three Things After Indiana

+19 HS
milhouse4588's picture
November 12, 2022 at 7:47pm
34 Comments

Care: RB Health

I'm not sure what's going on this year. It has nothing to do with S&C, Coach Mick, play-calling, or anything defined. It's simply bad luck. And holy crap is it a problem. We shouldn't need Miyan, or even Henderson, next week against Maryland based on the play of Dallan Hayden but whatever is happening to our RB room this season needs to just stop.

These poor guys run their asses off every single week and get rewarded with injuries every single week.

Here's to their good health moving forward and that we have some semblance of an RB room when it comes to The Game.

Don't Care: Indiana as an opponent

Welp...looks like our guys figured out how to get back on track against a subpar opponent this week. And boy did Indiana deliver on their reputation as a terrible team. I have not much to say beyond...this score was about what it should have been and thank you for traveling all this way for a beatdown, Tom Allen and team.

We didn't learn much today other than we are great at beating up on overmatched opponents as we have been all season, barring 50mph winds. It was a good tune up game to get our guys back into a rhythm and give them some confidence moving forward. Hopefully it continues.

Care: The Big Ten West's "no, YOU win the division. No, YOU win the division" round-robin

What the hell, Illinois? You were the last saving grace of the Big Ten West. Guess not. What a terrible, terrible division. Are they the worst in the Power 5 right now? If we see Northwestern in the Big Ten Championship (is that still possible as I write this?) for a rematch and actual beatdown it'd be entertaining but nobody on the other side of the field in that game is going to be a resume builder at this point.

Don't Care: Weather forecasts

Let's move on as a fanbase and come to terms with the fact that the Northwestern game was an anomaly to an extreme degree. We all talk about buckling down and playing Big Ten football and being able to pound the rock in the snow. Well...it snowed for the first part of the game and I saw us do whatever we wanted.

We need to stop giving The Weather Channel clicks just because we're worried about Michigan in two weeks. Whatever we read about that forecast right now will be wrong tomorrow, and totally off the mark by the time The Game kicks off. If we're that worried about the weather, we don't deserve to win anyways.

Care: WR production outside of Harrison Jr.

Nit-pick time. I'm not sure if this is a result of Stroud finding his "guy" and focusing on him, the play-calling, or our other receivers not being as good as Harrison, but I'd like to see more production from the other guys.

They produce decent stats and any WR room in America would beg to have Egbuka, Fleming, etc but it feels like there has been a drop off the last few weeks in their ability to gain separation and make gamebreaking plays the way they did earlier in the season.

*shrugs* maybe I'm being too strict here, but what happens when we play a good secondary that ends up dedicating their talent to stopping Harrison? Penn State didn't stop Harrison, I know, but there are other ways to take him away via brackets and other things PSU didn't do that much as I recall.

Don't Care: Kamryn Babb's Touchdown

Just kidding! This is the best moment of the season so far and only wins over Michigan and a National Championship will surpass it. One only needs to rewatch everything that happened after the play on the sidelines, and Day's reaction to the touchdown catch, to understand the meaning this play had for the entire program.

Congratulations Mr. Babb. You deserve it, earned it, and got it. May you have more success the rest of this season.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 34 Comments