Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Care/Don't Care: Three Things Post-Michigan State

+4 HS
milhouse4588's picture
October 8, 2022 at 8:03pm
64 Comments

Care: Lack of Challenge for our passing game

Our schedule is riddled with terrible pass defenses and as a result we end up with a three game stretch in which we see CJ play "sub-par" (for him) and still sets records. To be clear, he made excellent throws but many of them aren't difficult throws. Our passing game hasn't been challenged at all outside of coverages designed to force us not to pass which is different, IMO.

We are excellent but the number of passes we complete every game in which our receivers have 3-5 yards of room around them makes me worry about how Stroud performs under pressure and having to fit most passes into tight coverage. There may not be a team that can make that happen for four quarters against us but that my only concern.

Don't care: Michigan State scoring 20 points

Don't let the score fool you, this was a massacre. Michigan State is truly awful and outside of a clear miscommunication between Stroud and Egbuka this game looks so much worse.

MSU is truly, truly awful.

Care: Hayden is a bad boy.

Our RB depth is a concern, but not because of a lack of talent for the guys we do have. We know what Henderson and Williams can do but Hayden runs with authority. I came away really enjoy watching him run and clearly his first big game earlier this season wasn't a fluke. The dude can ball.

Don't care: kick off woes

This will get fixed. It seems to be something day is trying to do carried over from Meyer. I doubt it sticks when the games truly matters.

Care: cornerback play

I know Reed is an NFL receiver and he made some incredible catches today, but damn did they tear Cam Brown apart today. Brown and Burke could both be huge liabilities and whatever our coaches are telling them, it's almost as bad as Coombs' coaching. The percentage of plays our guys are in perfect position and the receiver still catches the ball has to be disproportionately high to an extreme degree.

We aren't lucky with our schedule because we'll run into a buzz saw eventually that can actually pass the ball and our corners will look like shit.

Don't care: officials

Is it just me or were they involved way too much this game and yet still not enough? There were so many missed holds and other things I spotted they never called, and yet I still feel like every time anything good happened for OSU they had to review it. What's the deal?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 64 Comments