Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2022 TAILGATE FARE - WEEK 6: CHICKEN BOMBS

+14 HS
osurox's picture
October 6, 2022 at 6:21pm
25 Comments

Good Evening Dubbers! Sorry for the late post, again...this work thing keeps getting in the way of the important stuff: posting on 11W. We got sparty on tap this weekend, and it should be a route. I think the folks in East Lansing spoke too soon when giving Mel that huge contract, as they appear to be spiraling out of control in the worst of ways. But alas, those green goblins have ruined a few seasons in my lifetime *cough cough '98, '15*, so I have no doubt Day and co. will be ready for the first road game of the year (it's mid October and we haven't played an away game yet!?).

I had to reach into the bag for this week's rendition of the fare. I don't think this has been shared, but if so, too bad. I'm still making some chicken bombs!

These bad boys are a but of a pain to make, but oh so worth it.

Ingredients:

• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
  • 2 tablespoons of salt & pepper
  • 4 ounces (1/2 of an 8 ounce package) of cream cheese, softened 
  • 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 jalapenos, diced
  • 1 lb. of bacon
  • 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
  • 1/4 cup of light or dark brown sugar
  • Cayenne pepper, to taste

Directions:

• Preheat oven to 400F
  • Mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and jalapenos; set aside
  • Mix together the barbecue sauce and paprika; set aside.
  • Cut the chicken breasts into four tenders, and then cut those in half, for a total of about 8 slices per breast.
  • Place the chicken strips between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound them thin.
  • Add a layer of the cheese filling to each strip and roll the chicken up, then coat in the bbq sauce mixture
  • Take the chicken roll, and roll a piece of bacon around it. You will overlap here, that's fine. Pierce with a toothpick to hold together, and brush with more bbq sauce.
  • Place chicken bombs on an aluminum foil lined pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and/or cayenne pepper.
  • Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake 10-15 more minutes. Bacon will be "done" but not crispy.
  • Turn on broiler for a few minutes on each side until bacon is crispy to your liking.
  • Serve with hot sauce, ranch, or bbq sauce.
  • Pro Tip# 1 - To reduce cooking time, par cook the bacon ahead of time, just be careful to cook long enough for the chicken to get done.
  • Pro Tip #2 -  Add some sliced green onion to the cream cheese mixture. Heck, add some chopped up bacon bits for more bacon flavor!
  • Pro Tip #3 - Be generous on the bbq sauce, this will caramelize in the oven.

Go Bucks!

Previous versions of TGF

11W Tailgate Cookbook

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments