Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week's Question: If You Could Negate One Injury Suffered by Any Ohio State Football Player, Which Would You Choose?

George Eisner's picture
September 12, 2022 at 8:00am
71 Comments

Happy Monday, Eleven Warriors!

After Ohio State failed to cover the spread or hit the over on a point total for the second week in a row, some Buckeye fans are a bit on edge about the offense's performance so far relative to expectations. Regardless of opinions on the scoring output, it's hard not to figure Jaxon Smith-Njigba's injury has had some sort of impact on the results we have seen two weeks into the season.

With that in mind, for This Week's Question, let the forum know: if you could undo one injury suffered by any Ohio State football player ever, which would you choose?

Personally, I had a tough time not going with Ted Ginn Jr.'s removal from the 2007 National Championship game. I ultimately decided to undo Nick Bosa's core muscle injury that forced him to miss the majority of 2018.

Had Little Bear played beyond the third game of that season — even though the rest of the Buckeye defense left much to be desired — the presence of a pass rusher that went on to make multiple pro bowls in his first three NFL seasons would have offered enough of an improvement for Ohio State to probably make the College Football Playoff. In tandem with the most prolific passing attack in Big Ten history, Nick Bosa could have helped that team to an even greater legacy than what it eventually achieved.

Don't feel obligated to choose an injury that happened during a game, either. Senior Editor Johnny Ginter almost immediately answered with, "Tyler Moeller not getting punched in the back of the head by an insane Florida fan at a bar," which I considered a very classy suggestion in spite of the event's circumstances.

But what about you? Which Ohio State football medical mishap would you prefer to prevent from ever taking place?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 71 Comments