Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Who is Back for Next Year’s Voyage?

+1 HS
whalewars's picture
January 12, 2021 at 9:58pm
54 Comments

Ahoy! I have been asleep in my bunk for the past day, just got up, did I miss anything? I must say, I was on my way to the galley when I happened to notice that a large portion of the bow of the ship was missing. Now, normally, a gigantic hole in the ship that is seriously threatening her sea worthiness would be alarming, but, everyone seemed calm and contrite. No one was panicking, no one was hurriedly running around as if we were in trouble. I also had a sense that the ship was not moving at full steam, just creeping forward. So, I turned to my second in Command, Coach Coombs, and asked what he knew about the hole in the bow. Coach Coombs replied “yeah, I was warned of a gigantic iceberg out here last week. I think they said it was about the size of the State of Alabama — but I had great confidence in the bow of this ship — I even reinforced her with a few boards and some twine. Well, even under blue skies, and with no tide forecast to be rolling in, mistakes were made, Yada Yada yada, we accidentally rammed her, and then rammed her again, and again, and again...” I quickly asked coach, “why did you not change course?” To which he replied, “sure, I probably could have gone in literally any other direction and not done worse, but, sometimes it is best to stay the course. Don’t worry, I have the linebackers below deck bailing with Dixie cups.”

Well, while this was a bit alarming, it was not my only problem, the ship seemed to moving forward, albeit, far from full steam ahead. I asked Coach Alford if he knew what was going on? He said, “I am sorry sir, but we lost our #8 jet turbine engine! We are not rudderless though — we quickly replaced her with our powerful #33 engine, but we are having trouble getting up to speed and turning!” 

Enough of that, I am not one to dwell in the past or bring us into the doldrums.  That voyage is over, water under the bridge, and honestly, was just a drop in the ocean.

I need to know who my crew will be next year? Fields, Davis, and Olave are certainly headed for the clear blue waters of the NFL draft? But, what about everyone else? Literally, everyone can be back, so who will? This year did not count and there are no real scholarship limits next year. Are Justin Hilliard and Johnathon Cooper back? How about Demario McCall for a 9th season? Does anyone really know who will be back? We could have a very deep and veteran crew!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 54 Comments