Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Why Alabama is Going to Be Shocked by the Buckeyes

+7 HS
bcsBuckeye13's picture
January 11, 2021 at 4:08pm
37 Comments

Let’s state the obvious, OSU is the underdog and even after completely thumping Clemson they are given zero respect/no chance.

Next reason:

I look at numbers, and typically numbers don’t lie. Alabama’s closest game this year was with Florida. Now Florida’s defense isn’t anything special. Their defense ranks 51st in FPI while their offense comes in at 4. Now, I mention this because the BEST defense Bama has seen this year is Georgia’s (#12) and won 41-24.

Now how OSU stacks up. OSU has beaten the #2, 3, 6 ranked defenses by scoring an average of 37.6 points. 

Alabama hasn’t seen an animal like OSU yet. I understand Florida’s offense is #4, with their defense being #51, and Bama only won by 6. OSU on the other hand has the #2 offense and #8.

I will leave you all with this. Clemson had the #25 passing defense, Bama has the #77 pass defense. The Tide have no idea what’s coming tonight. I’ll call it one last time, OSU by +10

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 37 Comments