Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ok I Had Nothing Better to Do So Went to a ND Site

+5 HS
airbuckeye's picture
January 5, 2021 at 7:00am
124 Comments

Someone tell me what I missing here because what this asshat as to say makes no sense. Was I listing to the wrong game or did I just not see what he claims?   

AM   #1
NWIrish
Waterboy

Cash: 2,275.16
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 2,275.16
Ohio State False Narrative
I find it interesting how suddenly people who (justifiably) anticipated that OSU would get crushed by Clemson are now thinking that they are on the same level as Clemson and Alabama. 4 of those touchdown passes, if replayed 10 times, would have been intercepted or incomplete 8-9 times. Additionally, Clemson's D (and rush d in particular) was crippled with Turner out the 1st half and Davis and Skalski out the 2nd, as well as three other starters out for most of the game. Ohio State was playing a skeleton crew and got lucky. On the flipside, Clemson lost their playcaller in GAME WEEK!

Playing 10 games w/ everyone healthy, Alabama and Clemson are a wash and Notre Dame beats OSU 6 or 7 out of 10 times. Clemson and Bama beat OSU 8-9 times out of 10.

Alabama may have beaten us by less than OSU beat Clemson, but nothing they did was lucky. None of their passes could have easily gone the other way. Likewise when we beat Clemson the 1st time (aside from that McKinley catch) and when Clemson beat us. OSU's tight ends didn't have separation on 2 of those TDs. They got lucky. One cover man was in front of the TE and just wiffed on the INT and Fields threw into double coverage on the other and got away with it. OSUs WRs didn't have separation on the 2 bomb TDs. It was a coin flip both times.

This shows us: 1), even when you are outclassed, you can still win and win big if you at least put yourself in a position to get lucky. Had Clemson intercepted those 4 passes (not to mention 2-3 other bombs that had very little or no separation), which just as easily could have happened, OSU loses by 40+. But had OSU played it safe, they lose by 20 every time. So, OSU had to take the chance regardless and it worked out for them this time. Maybe it'll work out again against Bama. But the fact is that, unless they throw up 50/50 luck bombs, they would never beat either team assuming equal team health. 2). when Notre Dame or anyone else plays safe against a superior team, they literally have an almost 0% chance of winning.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 124 Comments