Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

ESPN and Alternative Facts

+12 HS
DroneBuck's picture
January 3, 2021 at 5:35pm
98 Comments

As soon as the Sugar Bowl finished, the ESPN mouthpieces came on and started “previewing” the Ohio State / Alabama matchup.

THE VERY FIRST COMMENT made by Reece Fowler was: “Ohio State will have their hands full with this Alabama offense, The Crimson Tide have scored 35+ points in 25 straight games.”

I scratched my head, and then my balls, because I’m pretty sure that the final score of the other CFP semi-final was: 

Alabama / NotreDame:  31-14. 

This is not a math exercise but 31 is less than 35, so literally the most recent game that Alabama played was less than 35 points.

I know none of this matters because we now live in a post-reality world. But c’mon man! You guys gotta do better than that!

And yes I called him Reece Fowler, because I can’t tell those 2 guys apart. Honestly the moment the broadcast goes to commercial or one of their cheesy faces drops from the screen, I literally have no discernible recollection of which one of the court jesters I was listening to mere seconds before. It is bizarre. They are the same person. 

All I know is whenever I see Kirk Herbstreit, I know one of those 2 fluffers will be right behind him barking out #Facts.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 98 Comments