Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Early Point Spread for OSU V. 'Bama

0 HS
quiverfull's picture
January 2, 2021 at 3:00pm
8 Comments

I was curious what the line might be for the Championship game, guessing it might be 3 to 4 points with the Tide favored.  Was surprised to see it ranging from 'Bama being a 6 1/2 pt favorite to an 8 pt favorite.  I get that they are due respect for a long and recent track record, and that Saban has built a machine.  That said, I could not have been more impressed with OSU's performance last night - execution, adjustments, athleticism, it was all working.  Not to mention the respect due to Fields after that targeting hit on his low back.  I'm sure he's feeling that today. 

Realizing that the point spreads are generally set to draw in an equal amount of money on both sides of the proposition such that the 'house' has no risk.  They usually seek to keeps their 10% vig, and simply hands the betting amount from one group to the other.  I'm not a betting guy, but I would take the Buckeyes and 8 points (and probably 6 1/2) all day long.  

What do you think?  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments