Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

For Your Comedic Pleasure: Clemson Beat Writer Says Ohio State is Just “Another Notre Dame”

+9 HS
Cooper's picture
December 24, 2020 at 11:25am
165 Comments

So, I’m perusing my phone this morning reading various articles for the big New Year’s Day matchup. And then this troll of a headline by “Rubbing the Rock” captured my attention, so I decided to read it as a comedy, though the article itself is a tragedy. I would advise reading it as such so we can all have a great laugh instead of taking the bait, and I’ll save you the click of a link by providing a few excerpts.

The author starts out with a Seinfeld 90s joke:

we started by turning the film on. Well, there wasn't much film to watch because, you know, there were only six games total.

Differences between Notre Dame and Ohio State: 

- Justin Fields is probably a better QB and overall passer than Ian Book(though that can be debated)
- Ohio State has more team speed- on the edges- than what Notre Dame possesses 
- Notre Dame played 11 games, Ohio State only played six.
- Ohio State has a better wide receiver core than Notre Dame, but the Irish have the better tight end group

Pure trolling regarding the Book comment. The TE’s may catch more passes at Notre Dame, but is there anyone better suited to do what Ohio State needs from its TE’s than Farrell and Ruckert? Doubtful.

Similarities: 

- Both teams have streaky quarterbacks who aren't above making poor mistakes
- Both teams rely heavily on their front-seven
- Both teams have some deficiencies and question marks in the secondary
- Both teams have explosive running backs who are vital to their offensive attack
- While both offensive lines are physical, they lack some athleticism on the edges in pass-protection

This is definitely first thing I think of when I watch Munford and NPF: lack of athleticism. 

Sure, there are some obvious points made that anyone with two eyes can make. Ohio State’s front seven is good, the secondary is shaky. Amazing analysis. Regardless, I hope you get as good of a chuckle out of it as I did.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 165 Comments