Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. Illinois

+8 HS
Large Father's picture
November 25, 2020 at 9:13pm
21 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans and Days,    

Nothing like a win over the Top 10 teams to make you miserable.

Thus is the joyless life of an Ohio State Buckeye football fan.

The only fleeting moments of enjoyment are wins over Michigan and claiming the Big Ten Championship. Truly satisfying celebration only comes with winning the CFP National Championship. It’s kind of like tying your joy to spotting Halley's Comet.

Was it pretty last weekend? No.
Did Justin Fields look human? Yes.
Is the OSU defense National Championship caliber? No.
Did Ohio State still win? Yes.

I would suggest Ohio State fans try to find the simple joy in college football games actually occurring...and celebrate Buckeye victories even when they are flawed.

When I was a kid, every Fall I would ask my Uncle Garth if this was the year Ohio State would win the National Championship. He was one of the biggest Buckeye fans that I knew.  And, like clockwork, every year my Uncle Garth would confidently answer "absolutely"...even when Greg Fry was the quarterback.  

I would watch the Ohio State games expecting good things to happen. Carlos Snow was the best back in College Football and unstoppable.  On the playground, I was Cris Carter or Mike Lanese making diving touchdown grabs on offense....and Sonny Gordon or William White making amazing interceptions on defense.  Anything was possible...Ohio State football was fun.   

So, is this the year Ohio State will win the National Championship?  Absolutely.

Touchdowns:  Teague, Teague, Wilson, Wilson, Olave, Fields, Ruckert, Jaxon Smith-Njigba

OSU 56 Illinois 20

Go Bucks!  Beat Illinois!  Wyatt Davis for Heisman!

Dumpy Dad

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments