Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Fields As a Pro

-6 HS
Brah Zhole's picture
November 23, 2020 at 3:06pm
118 Comments

I'm not very bullish on this incoming crop of QBs, especially not the way analysts appear to be.

In watching Fields I see a more athletic Carson Wentz.  Like Wentz, fields has a rocket arm, is willing to take hits, can run when he has to, and has good size.  Throws a pretty good deep ball, a great out, a good slant, and is average on shorter touch throws.

But also like Wentz, he doesn't appear to throw guys open, waits a long time for guys to get open, and isn't seemingly a great windows thrower. 

Ultimately, I think he's a slightly better player than Wentz, perhaps considerably, but I do not see him as an elite QB because he lacks that innate ability to throw balls where a player doesn't appear to be open, and doesn't seem to put the ball where only his guy can get it.

I see him as a successful NFL QB if he leaves now.  Whether he can improve on these other things we shall see.

Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 118 Comments