Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. Rutgers

+8 HS
Large Father's picture
November 5, 2020 at 6:40pm
9 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans and Days,    

This Saturday in primetime there will be two teams playing that are TV rating darlings.

One team has their own TV contract and typically play as an independent maneuvering without any burden.

The other is the crown jewel of its conference but bogged down by whatever the conference decides to do with it.

The moment I saw that Ohio State vs Rutgers was a primetime game on the Big Ten Network at the same time that Clemson travels north to play a November game against its temporary conference foe, Notre Dame, I knew Ohio State was the Big Ten's money grab pawn.  Why else position this game at the same time as one of the top college football games of this strange season?

We’ll set up two TVs on Saturday night because the allure of the matchup versus the Scarlet Knights (FYI that is Rutgers' nickname) is so strong.  If you are not a Buckeye fan, I doubt many others would do the same. I would love to see Ohio State draw, but I don't think OSU-Rutgers will come close to ND-Clemson.

We should be enjoying this OSU game during the day with backyard get-togethers and crisp fall afternoon backdrop. We only get a few College Football Saturdays to distract us in 2020, let us fully enjoy an all-day slate, Mr. Commissioner.

I hope to see Ohio State continue to dominate and demonstrate why they are the crown jewel of the conference.  

Touchdowns:  Sermon, Teague, Teague, Wilson, Olave, Fields, Ruckert, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Julian Fleming

OSU 62 Rutgers 7

Go Bucks!  Beat Rutgers!  Wyatt Davis for Heisman!

Stout Pops

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 9 Comments