Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. PSU

+14 HS
Large Father's picture
October 29, 2020 at 8:55pm
25 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans and Days,    

The bad memory still lingers for fans but probably not for the players.

None of the players on the current roster even registered a stat during this game that is still vivid.

But I remember being dressed up as Elvis at a neighborhood Halloween party and watching the game quickly deteriorate.

When Ohio State lined up for a field goal late in the game to go up by seven, I thought it was over.

Then one blocked kick with a fortuitous bounce for Penn State and suddenly the Buckeyes were behind and never caught back up.

That’s my last Halloween memory of a Penn State game.

The good thing, the current players probably have little recollection of the 2016 OSU vs PSU game. Only the fifth year seniors and one sixth year senior were even on the roster.

Luckily, there won’t be 110,000 white out ghosts hovering over the Buckeyes this Halloween.

It was great having Buckeye football back last weekend!  A few things pleasantly surprised me:

• Justin is even better than I thought he would be.  This is one of those season's when I watch other college football games and forget that QB's are unable to make every throw.
  • Haskell Garrett was inspiring...he was shot in the face two months ago and not only played last weekend, but was unstoppable. 
  • The young wide receivers were even better than I would have imagined.  Jaxon Smith-Njigba's toe-tap catch was big time.   

I can't wait for the primetime kickoff this Saturday!  I would love to see the Buckeyes change my Halloween Penn State memory this weekend when they travel to Satan's lair.  

Touchdowns:  Sermon, Teague, Wilson, Ruckert, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Julian Fleming

OSU 42 PSU 24

Go Bucks!  Beat Penn State!  Wyatt Davis for Heisman!

Puffy Padre  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments