Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

MY SOLUTION - Playing in the Fall & the Winter - EVERYONE WINS Scenario!

+7 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
August 21, 2020 at 12:12pm
35 Comments

I'm surprised at the lack of creativity that our the B1G or even ADs have demonstrated regarding this crisis.  I understand good people feel differently about what is necessary or what they think can be done safely & properly. We don't all need the same path forward. 

My solution is this: allows schools to choose between playing in the Fall & playing in the Winter.  Basically, stagger the B1G season. Have CO-B1G Champions.  Broadcast games on TV in both "seasons" - share the TV money equally in both season. 25% fans in stands for game day revenue. 

FALL (Oct-Dec; EDIT - or Nov - Jan). for schools that can cover the expense & do everything medically necessary to keep athletes safe from the CORONAVIRUS.  Rapid testing. Heart/lung checks. Social distancing. Etc. This group would be playing for the NCAA postseason & NFL scouts as well as providing income for athletic departments. Great for the big dogs & nationally competitive teams. 

WINTER (Jan-Mar; EDIT - or Feb - Apr). for schools who want to wait and see, need to develop protocols, need money for testing, etc. This group would be playing for NFL scouts & providing income for athletic departments.  Great for programs like Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois, NW, Sparty, etc.

BONUS: Add regional MAC teams to the schedule (allowing them to choose to play in the Fall or Winter with us). Much needed money for those schools. Keeps costs down. Safer.

WIN - for the nationally competitive programs, like OSU.

WIN - for all athletes getting to play in some season, increasing their future earnings in or out of the NFL.

WIN - for the B1G & Kevin Warren. Gets to look like a hero after his disastrous handling of this situation.

WIN - for the MAC. Money to keep their athletic departments afloat. Raise their prominence. EDIT - the least of my worries is the MAC but it would be nice to help some Ohio schools if we can and if it helps us round out a schedule

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments