Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Buckeye Takeover Day 19: Michael Jenkins Ohio State Highlights

+4 HS
CPDenn's picture
July 19, 2020 at 12:16pm
12 Comments

Quick story: I originally cut a Jenkins video about 2 years ago. One night around that time, I was hanging out with my best friend --who's a Florida fan-- and I wouldn't shut up about how he had to see it. He knew of Jenkins from hearing me talk about him before, but nothing beyond that. Here are a selection of his reactions to watching it:

"Oh damn, so he was the one who scored on 'Holy Buckeye'"

"Dude, how are teams not double-covering this guy with the game on the line?"

"Holy shit, I forgot about that 4th and 14 against Miami. That was him?!?!"

"I don't know how this dude can't be every Ohio State fan's favorite player of all-time"

I don't know where Jenkins ranks on the all-time scale of Ohio State players, but no one in program history made as many big plays as he did. The 2002 team probably goes 8-4 without him, and the 2003 group would've struggled as well. For my money, the only Buckeye with a better highlight reel is Braxton Miller. (Taking into account big/exciting plays, clutch moments, career success, etc.) Anyway, this was all a long way of saying that Michael Jenkins is a boss. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments