Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

College Football Playoff Discussion

0 HS
JTL_OH's picture
November 19, 2019 at 3:52pm
36 Comments

As we get closer to the end of the season, I have been looking at the potential competition in the College Football Playoff this year. It is not even close, in my opinion, that Ohio State has been the most complete team in the country. Confidence is sky high and this team looks like it can take on and beat anyone. Of course, the detractors all claim we haven't played anyone (but those FCS teams the SEC plays this week are true challenges). However, in my estimation, when looking at our true competition, it boils down to the following:

1. LSU

2. Clemson

3. Georgia

4. Alabama

5. Oklahoma

I love me some Joey Burrow, but LSU has no defense and I think LSU wouldn't be able to stop Fields and Co. Georgia has a great defense and would be tough, but I still think we win that game. Bama lost Tua and has no defense and Oklahoma couldn't hang. This leaves Clemson. They've played no one, but they scare me. Tough defense, great QB, solid skill players, serviceable to good O-line. Are they our foil? Do we finally get our first win over this huge thorn in our side and silence the arrogant Dabo? I think we can, but Clemson scares me.

Would love to hear your thoughts, fellow Buckeye Fans.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments