Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Paying It Forward

+2 HS
N8thegr8's picture
September 4, 2019 at 1:39pm
21 Comments

First I want to start off by saying what a great recruiting tool the Buckeyes now have in being able to boast the highest paid wide receiver AND running back in the league. Knowing Pantoni et el, I'm sure they will be tapping into that, if not already.

But the point of my post is, paying it forward. Not that Ohio State is hurting for money at all, but when was the last time a former football player (or any student athlete) who went on to play their sport professionally, end up donating to some cause at the University. I'm sure it's happened. I hope it's happened. 

Would just seem really nice if these guys did a donation back to the school that helped them get there. It doesn't even have to be a donation to the Athletic Dept. Could be the University as a whole. The James, the Ross, anything.

I know years ago Ndamukong Suh made a donation to Nebraska and it garnered so much good will. He later turned out to be kinda sketchy in his career but *shrugs*

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as hell for these guys. Just thinking it would be cool if they gave back to a cause at the University.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments