Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Did Ohio State Ticket Office Ever Offer Any Kind of Partial Refund to 2010 Ticket Buyers?

+3 HS
Sonof'47alum's picture
June 7, 2019 at 9:45am
22 Comments

I was just reading something which included a brief mention of Ohio State’s decision to vacate wins in 2010.

The whole concept of vacating wins in circumstances such as 2010 really bothers me; but, on the other hand, I can understand what Ohio State was trying to accomplish in terms of avoiding a more stringent NCAA-imposed penalty.

So...I’m just curious: did the ticket office ever offer a partial refund to ticket buyers in recognition of the fact that Ohio State was now formally declaring that the games in 2010 would not count as official games in the record book—but, were in essence, exhibition games?  (And, yes, I realize that at the time fans thought they were seeing something more than an exhibition game.)

I just think it would have been something for the Ohio State ticket office to seriously consider.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments