As reported by Tom Orr over at The Ozone, Kentucky quarterback Gunnar Hoak has just entered his name into the transfer portal. This is significant, because Hoak could be the perfect fit for what Ohio State currently needs in a transfer QB.
- He is a 6' 4" pro-style QB.
- He grew up in central Ohio and was the starting QB at Dublin Coffman High School.
- His father, uncle, and cousin were all players for Ohio State (his uncle was also an assistant coach).
- He appeared in four games for Kentucky in 2018, going 13-for-26 for 167 yards, two touchdowns and an interception.
- He played well Kentucky’s recent spring game, completing 23 of 30 passes for 262 yards and two touchdowns.
- He graduates in May, meaning that he can play immediately, and has 2 years of eligibility remaining.
Given our current QB depth crisis, I wouldn't be surprised if Day makes landing Gunner Hoak a priority.