Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

SiriusXM Camp Visit Recap

+15 HS
hetuck's picture
April 8, 2019 at 10:26am
13 Comments

Since no one has posted anything, I'll give some quick impressions. I won't dwell on platitudes or things already discussed on 11W. The show was hosted by A.J. Hawk and Pete Pistone. I was unfamiliar with the latter so an internet check shows he is Chicago-based with a background in motor sports. He raved about Columbus, the stadium, and the WHAC. The show was recorded after last Wednesday's practice. Hawk was extremely impressed by the practice organization and player attitude. 

1. Ryan Day. He came across as very affable and responsive to their questions. I think attitude toward the media is more open than Meyer's and we'll see how that works in the fall. Day talked about the amount of time he has to spend being CEO of the football program and the amount of time recruiting. He said if thirty recruits are at practice, he has to spend time with each of them and "that leaves no time for coaching." Obviously there won't be as many recruits visiting in the summer and fall, but I wonder if it will change his decision to call plays. Day also talked about the WHAC enhancements and said there will be a golf simulator and a half basketball court. That is in addition to the previously-discussed chef taking app orders. 

2. K.J. Hill. Said he was almost out the door to the NFL before changing his mind. See the current Saban comments. Hawk asked him if he knew who ahead of him in pass completions and he admitted he didn't know who David Boston was. 

3. Brendon White. Extremely well-spoken and said he hopes to be a captain like his father. Likened the Bullet position to Troy Polamalu with the Steelers. 

4. Brian Hartline. Said he thought he'd be a good college coach, but after getting into it, said he found it "to be a calling."

5. Jonathan Cooper. Said he came to OSU because of Larry Johnson. He cares about players as people first. Said every school shows recruits bells and whistles and fancy uniforms, but Johnson extensively broke down his high school tape to give him tips on how to improve his play during his senior year. He was the only coach that did that. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments