Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week's Question: Who Would You Most Like to See Ohio State Schedule A Home-and-Home Series With?

Dan Hope's picture
April 1, 2019 at 8:00am
136 Comments

With the way college football games are currently scheduled, teams like Ohio State typically play one Power 5 non-conference opponent each year as part of a two-year home-and-home series, hosting the opponent for one game while traveling to the opponent's stadium for the other game – in either order – in consecutive years.

Ohio State doesn't have a marquee non-conference game this year – the Buckeyes were originally scheduled to host TCU in 2019 before that home-and-home series was changed to a neutral-site game at AT&T Stadium last year – but they have some big back-and-forth matchups scheduled for upcoming seasons, including Oregon (2020-21), Notre Dame (2022-23), Washington (2024-25), Texas (2025-26) and Boston College (2026-27).

This week's question is, who would you most like to see Ohio State add a home-and-home with to its future schedule next?

Several good candidates come to mind for me (including Alabama and LSU), but I'll go with a team and place I'm familiar with from my previous job: Clemson. Ohio State and Clemson have never played at either of their home stadiums, and now that the Tigers have firmly established themselves as one of college football's marquee programs, this matchup would provide one of college football's most anticipated games for two years in a row. Given the recent history between the two teams, Ohio State would surely like to get a shot at Clemson in Ohio Stadium, and Clemson has one of the best environments in college football, too.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 136 Comments