Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Early TV Time Guesses

+2 HS
hetuck's picture
March 2, 2019 at 7:10am
30 Comments

Here are TV time and network guesses for the first three weeks of the season. This guy has a pretty good track record. He is predicting FAU at noon on ABC, UC at 3:30 on ABC, and IU at 7:30 on ABC. I'll predict Miami at noon on BTN, then a string of four consecutive night games - at Nebraska on Fox, MSU on ABC/ESPN, at Northwestern on FS1 (Friday night), Wisconsin on Fox. Maryland will be 3:30 on ABC/ESPN, Rutgers noon on BTN (2nd game of OSU's obligation), PSU at 3:30 on ABC, and Michigan at noon on Fox. 

Couple observations:

1. Urban's wish for no more than two road games at night will continue to be unfulfilled. Networks know who turns on TV sets. He'll be on the call from Evanston, assuming Fox doesn't do three men in the booth. Personally, I think he'd be great with Gus and Klatt. 

2. Two home night games appears to be OSU's sweet spot, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami at 6:00 PM on BTN like UC a couple seasons ago. Or FAU if it drops to BTN. 

3. PSU will not be at night as it is after the first Saturday in November. Both teams have veto power at that point. 

4. Pro tip for those who wager. If Stanford plays UCF at noon in week three as forecast, double your bet. There is the dreaded eastern time zone curse (IIRC, the last time they came east for a noon game, they lost at NW) and UCF will be playing the no respect card. Plus they will have to deal with the Florida heat and humidity, assuming a hurricane doesn't cancel the game. 

http://mattsarzsports.blogspot.com

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments