Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Making the Argument to Keep Stud for One More Year

+8 HS
swflbuckeye1's picture
January 10, 2019 at 7:53am
34 Comments

I like most of you feel Stud was underwhelming this past year and like many of you was hoping he would get fired. I have been reviewing potential offensive line coach candidates and I just don’t see a lot of quality offensive line coach candidates. The home run hire would be Sam Pittman out of Georgia but he is not coming here without a promotion. If our offense has another great year I see Kevin Wilson getting his chance as a head coach next year, thus opening up a co-offensive coordinator position. Next year we will have leverage with offensive line coaches because we can make them co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. We can pursue Sam Pittman and offer him the co-offensive coordinator position which would be a promotion from where he is at Georgia.

Also, not that we make a coaching decision based on a recruit but if we keep Stud we will keep Nester in the fold as well.

With the lack of options and me being totally sold on Pittman I’m starting to think maybe we give Stud one more year. And hey, if Stud realizes he is on the hot seat and knocks it out of the park in 2019 it’s a win as well. Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 34 Comments