Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Day Time: Completing the OSU Defensive Staff

0 HS
Gametime's picture
January 9, 2019 at 2:08pm
5 Comments

First let me say that I love the moves Coach Day has made so far, bringing in excellent coordinators and recruiters on both sides of the ball.

I think Coach Mattison overseeing the front 7 along with the fluid knowledge and experience that he has with coaching LBs and the DL, along with Coach Washington coaching AAs at every level, will mesh well with what Sifu LJ Sr. wants to do with his DL. Jeff Hafley has glowing reviews as a secondary coach from the likes of Richard Sherman, Logan Ryan, Darrelle Revis, and our very own Tyvis Powell and Donte Hitner... 

That said, I'm curious what position Hafley is going to focus on and who are the rumored remaining targets for the staff? There's been smoke around Corey Raymond since last year with us trying to woo him from DBU2 in LSU... and with corners that LSU produces year in and out, I think he would be a great addition to the staff if Coach Hafley handles the safeties. 

However, if Coach Hafley coaches the corners (also something I wouldn't be opposed to given the names listed), I'm ALL in favor of bringing in the legendary Mike Doss to coach up the safeties.

I was wondering if any of our insiders here at 11W have any inkling as to what will be the next domino to fall in terms of rumors regarding what Coach's Day's next move might be?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments