Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. Northwestern - Are You Having Fun?

+9 HS
Large Father's picture
November 29, 2018 at 7:53pm
27 Comments

Tressels, Fickells and Urbans, 

My interest is piqued. Ohio State finally gave us a view of what could be....and that glimpse was fantastic!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Michigan game last Saturday! Wow! Ohio State offense was unstoppable and the defense was finally stout. Special-teams also made a big play in the third quarter with the Chris Olave punt block.  This result could’ve been even more lopsided but Ohio State still has its warts with penalties and turnover miscues. The execution was much better allowing the team talent to finally show. Even with its major flaws, this OSU team is good enough to win in the end as we have been seeing all year.

I went to the B1G Championship Game in 2014 against Wisconsin. If you remember, Ohio State entered that game as a heavy underdog...and Wisconsin was rolling at that time.  Wisconsin had the nation’s top rusher, Melvin Gordon, and Ohio State was coming in with their third string quarterback.  There were quite a few Wisconsin fans sitting around us during the game. They were energetic and expectant before the game started assuming this was their year. At halftime, with Ohio State leading 38 to nothing, one shell-shocked Wisconsin fan sitting next to me asked sheepishly "are you having fun?"

A dominant Ohio State team showed up for that 2014 championship game...and I was having fun.  As Ohio State fans, we enjoy dominating performances, outstanding talent and strong execution. This program is built to be a powerhouse...and that is the expectation.

The same question could’ve been asked before kickoff of the Michigan game last Saturday...and asked again in the fourth quarter. My answer would have changed over the course of a 60 minute game. There is a ton of expectation suddenly heaped on this Ohio State team since we saw a glimpse of what could be. It has been a strange season when wins feel like losses...but somehow this team has found a way to win all but one.

I hope the team that took the field against Michigan got on the bus to Indianapolis.  We'll find out right away if we can confidently say we are having fun for the whole game this Saturday...or if we have to wait until late in the fourth quarter to decide.  I would love to see Ohio State continue to be the team we saw last weekend...and take us on a fantastic end-of-season ride!

Touchdowns:  Dobbins, Dixon, Weber, Campbell

OSU 35 Northwestern 17

Go Bucks!  Beat Northwestern!  BB Landers for Heisman!

Large Father

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments