Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. PSU - Jay Burson Halo and Close Football Games

+5 HS
Large Father's picture
September 28, 2018 at 3:29pm
19 Comments

Tressels, Fickells and Urbans,

Jay Burson in his head gear following his neck injury, Floyd and Janice from the Muppets, JR Ewing, Where’s Waldo....

Walk off sacks, 15 points in the fourth quarter, blocked field goal kicks returned for a touchdown, a touchdown run on a bum knee in double overtime....

The Penn State game has been an mix of memories recently - complete with Halloween costumes and very close football games. This will be the first time in a long time that I’m not wearing a costume and surrounded by others in costumes.... and, I hope, this is the first time in a long time that this game is not close.

I would love to see Dwayne and the offense roll in Happy Valley. The offense is really clicking with a quarterback that can make all the throws, get the ball out on time, and play calling well-suited for his abilities. I would love to see Ohio State build a big lead and then grind it out on the ground running clock with Dobbins and Weber.

It's not the easiest place to play...Happy Valley is Satan‘s lair and an awful place for the visiting team. Hopefully, the lion is not roaring and the fans are anxious all game.

The defensive line will have to step up with Nick on the shelf. Against TCU, Dre'mont came up BIG. Last week my man, BB Landers, did not play but he really wasn’t needed against Tulane. Hopefully, BB, Dre'mont, Chase, Jonathon Cooper and their defensive line teammates are ready to get some pressure on Trace McSorley; he is dangerous on the move so OSU will need to get to McSorley fast and keep him contained. The defensive backs have been improving as the season progresses so hopefully they can create some coverage sacks especially now that Shaun Wade is part of the rotation.

I know I won’t be wearing a costume tomorrow night...and I would also love to flip the script and see Ohio State absolutely roll against Penn State.    

Touchdowns:  Dobbins, Dobbins, Weber, Campbell, Austin Mack

OSU 38 PSU 17

Go Bucks!  Beat PSU!  BB Landers for Heisman!

Large Father

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments