Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Future of Running QB's at OSU

0 HS
domeeye's picture
September 23, 2018 at 10:19am
8 Comments

Alright after seeing Haskins absolutely kill it this year and seeing how smooth the offense runs, has me thinking... should we stop trying to get running QB's? I think this offense almost runs better than the 2014 offense, even though there is lesser talent. To me it seems that the reliance on the read option ruins our flow and I think the fact that a QB can run really well actually screws up his passing and going through reads. Like if they know they can run and their first option isn't open, they run (Barrett, Braxton, etc). Whereas Haskins just sit's there and dissects the plays, waiting to see that the defense gives him. Love Martell so far, but even when he came in the offensive game plan was just more "rigid" than with Haskins (I know he was playing with the backup's, but still). Like many more 3rd downs it seemed like and more punts, and I don't think it was because of a worse O-line/receivers. I don't know, just had me thinking that maybe we should target the pocket passer in recruiting from now on...interested in hearing peoples thoughts. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments