Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Targeting Call That Wasn't and Other Things We're Not Discussing

+7 HS
SaltyD0gg's picture
September 18, 2018 at 3:16pm
98 Comments

I was driving last night and happened to think about the targeting call on TCU that was overturned. Nothing infuriates me more than the subjectivity that exists in already crappy rules. If Haskins wasn't defenseless on that play, then I don't possibly know how they can interpret the calls. When the official doing the broadcast says it is clear cut and then they come back and say, nah, I'm flabbergasted. OSU regularly had guys tossed last year and then our QB nearly gets his head ripped off and it's a no call.

Refs should be penalized when they get it wrong. There's no accountability there and it's maddening. When there is video review, they have to get it right.

Second, it has been eerily silent on the Alex Grinch front. New coach, big bucks, big title, tons of talent to work with and the secondary has been rough through the first 3 games. Bad angles, poor tackling, miscommunication, etc. I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 98 Comments